The Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) registers if you're being detected or tracked by a radar and can be used to target radar systems with anti-radiation missiles, like the AGM-88 HARM. It can be activated via the Modules tab in the Weapon Manager UI.
The display represents a top-down view of the area around your vessel, with the top being forward.
There are a few different symbols that describe the radar signal being detected.
- S - Surface or SAM radar. It is usually a grounded radar that can scan and track targets, like the TWS Locking Radar.
- D - Detection or early warning radar. This is usually a long range radar that can only detect, such as the Large Detection Radar.
- F - Fighter. This is usually an airborne, fighter-style radar with a limited field of view, like the AN/APG-63.
- A - AWACS - This is an airborne detection radar.
- M - Missile - (Red) this shows a missile has been detected. A fast high pitched tone means a missile has just been launched, or a missile has engaged its active radar. A slower, lower pitched constant beeping means an active missile is tracking you.